"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Pantry

Spring Cleaning.......... next up on the list is the PANTRY! Here are my after pictures, forgot to take any before, but I always love straightening the pantry and getting things in order. Especially since several shelves are low enough that my kids often rearrange them for me. I also keep a row of beans, nuts, crackers and teas in pretty jars or mason jars on my kitchen ledge space. Makes the counter look nice and gives some added storage space.


Oh yes, don't laugh......... it's my grandma's china hutch. But right now all my nice bowls, platters, etc that usually go in here are in storage, but we had to move the hutch over to the house so it would be safe. After staring at it sit there empty for awhile and getting frustrated with a jammed pantry that I couldn't find things in, I put the hutch to work as additional pantry space for now. It actually holds quite a bit. I would totally use this one, or another hutch in another kitchen as true pantry space that looks nice too! And all the jars on top are my jar collection for making broths, storing leftovers, making tea, etc. I don't know if I will ever use them all, but I hate throwing away good glass containers!

This post is part of Spring Cleaning over at Nourishing Gourmet

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, creative way to use the Hutch space. I also have a hard time recycling glass containers with lids, but my husband (who likes things to be uniform)encourages me not to be a hoarder.

    I'm a little late and plan on tackling my pantry and posting about it later this afternoon.

    Blessings,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete