"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Banana Bread

This recipe is one I made up. I usually make my grandma's recipe, which honestly, though wonderful is more dessert then snack because of the ingredients! I didn't have her recipe handy and did have a bunch of bananas that needed used. So, I made my own recipe! I must say it turned out really good. I ate probably 1/2 a loaf the first day. Then I shared some with my husband for his lunch the next day :-)

Banana Bread

4 bananas, mashed
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup honey
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well together
Add:
3 cups flour (I used 2 white and 1 wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Mix together and pour into greased loaf pan or muffin tins
(I also have mini loaf pans that work well!)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (will depend on what pans you are using... loaf will take longer, muffins shorter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment