"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Thursday, February 25, 2010

White Chicken Enchiladas

White Chicken Enchiladas

1 1/2 cups cream of "something" soup
(original recipe calls for chicken, but I usually use mushroom from THIS recipe here)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TB butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
4 oz chopped green chilies
8 tortilla shells
2 cups (or more) cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)


Stir soup and sour cream together in a bowl and set aside
Heat butter in saucepan, add onion and chili powder and cook until onion is tender
Stir in chicken, green chilies and 3 TB of soup mixture

Spread along center of each tortilla, roll and place in greased 12x8 baking dish
(I usually use my 9x9 square for just us or the 9x13 if I am doubling)
Spread remaining soup mixture over enchiladas
Bake, covered at 375 for 15 minute,
Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake until hot through and cheese is melted

I often put the cheese on when I make this, keep covered for about 1/2 the baking time, and then leave uncovered the remainder.
I usually cook around 30 minutes
I almost always make this in the morning or day before and place in refrigerator till I am ready to bake.
Haven't tried freezing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment