"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Friday, February 26, 2010

Menus

Here's the last couple weeks of menus - what we actually ate. I am trying to write down what we actually end up having for awhile, hopefully to better plan out menus to be realistic and able to stick to a menu better. I still work best off a list of meals available and then plan a couple days out at a time. I am usually making a list of meals over the weekend to start the week out and then I re-vamp or add to it mid-week when the sales come out and I make my grocery list. I tend to grocery shop Friday or Saturday (with kids, so it's usually just quick trips in and out) or on Tuesdays (without the boys) - this also enables me to catch some of the good sales twice if I want since the sales run Wednesday to Tuesday, usually.

Sunday - Steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob
Tuesday - Chimichangas - made by combining refried beans & a pound of hamburger, filled tortilla shell with mixture and cheese and fry in oil!
Wednesday - Baked beans and cornbread (at my mom's!)
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas
Friday - Hamburgers
Saturday - leftovers

Monday - Potato Broccoli Soup w/ leftover chicken and pasta
Tuesday - Pizza
Thursday - Roasted Whole Chicken in the crockpot - this is the recipe I use!
Save your bones for broth, I usually just toss it all in a ziploc bag and throw in the freezer till I have 3 of them in there and then I make broth!
Friday - Hamburgers
Saturday - Egg Rolls with Sweet and Sour Beef and Vegetables


No comments:

Post a Comment