"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Friday, February 26, 2010

White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili

(I cannot believe I haven't posted this recipe yet, so sorry!
This is one of our favorite meals and I make it often!)

Thanks goes to my friend Emily, whose recipe this is - I just slightly adapted it!

1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TB oil
3-4 cups great northern beans, cooked and drained
10 ounces chicken broth
7 ounces green chilies, chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin (half this to make less spicy!)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream (I sometimes use whole milk or half and half if I don't have cream on hand)

Saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove form heat and stir in sour cream and cream. Serve topped with avocado and fresh cilantro if you have it around!

This refrigerates well for lunches but I haven't tried freezing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment