"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Friday, January 28, 2011

Thought for Today......One Thousand Gifts

THIS has been an incredible book to read. I read it thru the first time, just reading it. Didn't mark anything or write anything down. Just read it. Now I am starting over and taking notes. I am hoping to read a little each day and really mull over the thoughts as they come. 

"..... Satan's sin becomes the first sin of all humanity: the sin of ingratitude...... isn't that the catalyst of all my sins? Our fall was, has always been, and always will be, that we aren't satisfied in God and what He gives. We hunger for something more, something other.........(pg 15)


My thoughts...... am I showing ingratitude? Even if I do accept all life hands me, if I am not willing to GIVE THANKS for it, is that the same as ingratitude? What can I DO - TODAY - to show my thankfulness for what God is giving me. Today, right now. What am I thankful for? What would I rather not give thanks for? How can I adjust my thinking and be able to give thanks for that which I would rather not? 




No comments:

Post a Comment