"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu planning

After moving this month and feeling rather disjointed I am finally sitting down today and planning meals for the rest of the month. I need my menu plans back! I need to know what needs to get soaking or what I can get a jump on first thing in the morning to save time later in the day. When it's HOT and I'm TIRED and dinner is the last thing I want to deal with. You know, I would much rather get the kids into their swim things AGAIN(!) so they can run in the sprinklers or change the laundry or balance the checkbook. No really, I am reminded once again, that menu planning is so helpful. It just makes the day go better.
I am somewhat re-vamping my menus a little for the summer months. Looking for "cooler" recipes. Maybe some that don't take the oven, or include more fresh veggies. As much as I love it, White Chicken Chili, just hasn't sounded good lately! I am making this meatloaf for dinner tonight. Maybe with scalloped potatoes, or potatoes of some sort. Obviously, it's almost 3 in the afternoon and I don't have the potatoes done, but the meatloaf is in the fridge waiting to go in the oven! But seriously, I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but this is THE BEST MEATLOAF ever. I really think the grass fed beef is so key, don't make this with cheap meat!
My husband has had an odd work schedule this month- he's been home most mornings, so that kind of slows me down some :-) I am sure you can relate!

How about breakfasts? I don't usually plan out breakfasts, but I do try and decide what I am making the night before. Even if I don't need to prep for it, knowing in my mind what I am planning helps the poor tired 35 week pregnant mama get breakfast on the table! I am working on a breakfast post too.........




No comments:

Post a Comment