"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Starbucks-style Frappuccino!

Oh my - this is yummy..............!

I adapted the below recipe slightly - instead of the ice and instant coffee (cause if you know my husband he doesn't do instant coffee in this house!) - I froze sweetened coffee in ice cube trays and used that. And because I wasn't sure if I had made the coffee sweet enough, I did go ahead and add another 1-2 TB of sugar to the mixture.

Oh - go try it - you'll love me!

Starbucks-style Frappuccino

makes 2 grande (16 oz each)

  • 3 cups ice
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. instant coffee - I use decaf. A good national brand tastes best, but even the cheap stuff will make you regret you ever paid $4 for a frap.
  • 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream - Not strictly necessary, but makes it even yummier. Try this at your own risk.

Blend til smooth and enjoy. Drink with a straw. Remember to share, because this was 2 large servings.

options:

  1. Mocha: add 2 Tbs. of unsweetened cocoa powder.
  2. Java Chip: blend in chocolate chips
  3. Caramel Macchiato: replace the sugar with a 1/3 cup of caramel sauce.
  4. Get really fancy and top it with real whipped cream.
  5. Try drinking it all yourself.
thanks to This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment