Oh my - this is yummy..............!
I adapted the below recipe slightly - instead of the ice and instant coffee (cause if you know my husband he doesn't do instant coffee in this house!) - I froze sweetened coffee in ice cube trays and used that. And because I wasn't sure if I had made the coffee sweet enough, I did go ahead and add another 1-2 TB of sugar to the mixture.
Oh - go try it - you'll love me!
makes 2 grande (16 oz each)
- 3 cups ice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. instant coffee - I use decaf. A good national brand tastes best, but even the cheap stuff will make you regret you ever paid $4 for a frap.
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream - Not strictly necessary, but makes it even yummier. Try this at your own risk.
Blend til smooth and enjoy. Drink with a straw. Remember to share, because this was 2 large servings.
- Mocha: add 2 Tbs. of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Java Chip: blend in chocolate chips
- Caramel Macchiato: replace the sugar with a 1/3 cup of caramel sauce.
- Get really fancy and top it with real whipped cream.
- Try drinking it all yourself.
thanks to This Blog!