"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Friday, January 15, 2010

treasures

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"

Where is your treasure?
What do you value most?
How can you live your life to reflect better where your treasure is?

As I have been going through a Bible study on contentment I am reminded once again that contentment is not a one-time decision. Just because I was or decided to be content 6 months ago, doesn't mean I am content today. Contentment must be cultivated and worked on. It's not going to happen all by itself! Contentment is not getting to a point in your life where everything is perfect and they way you want it.
It's the perspective you have on where you are today.

Yes, there are things I want and need to be working on in my life. But I am content. I know I am where I am suppose to be. I have 3 beautiful and precious children that I am able to be home with and be investing in their lives. I am continuing to learn and grow and rely on God. Things have not been easy financially recently, as with many, but God has continued to provide. When we have no idea where it will come from, He does and provides when we need it.

".... give me neither poverty or riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me..."
-Prov 30:8

This really struck me as I read it the other day. What a perfect thought.
God provides just what we need when we need it. Feed me with food that is needful
for me. This might look different for different people. But what am I doing with the
knowledge I have. Am I being a good steward with the food and resources I have?

One of my main goals in the next few months is to really tweak and refine our
menus and grocery shopping. Hopefully streamlining to make it efficient and easier for me
to prepare GOOD, REAL food for my family and to be be wise in my time spent
in meal planning and shopping. I am hoping to come up with a good 10 meals and
rotate them thru every 2 weeks or so. As soon as I figure out what I am going to try for
I will share our menu ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment