"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy"
~Colossians 1:10-11

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Italian Wedding Soup

Not from the Campbell's can............ but based off it!


Italian Wedding Soup

8 cups chicken stock/water
(I used about half and half, obviously if you have alot of stock, this would be wonderful with all stock, but I used half and half cause that's what I had out! And I started with about 6 cups but ended up adding a couple more cups during cooking, so you could either just start with it all or add more as needed!)

Add:
1 small onion, finely chopped
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp basil
2 tsp salt
(might need more - I would let people add their preference while serving though)
1 tsp pepper

Bring to a boil and add:
1 cup acni de pepe pasta

Let cook 7-10 minutes and add:
2-3 cups COOKED mini meatballs - think child's bite size
(I used 1/2-3/4 of a pound, made the meatballs and cooked in the oven earlier in the day. I often make a couple cups of mini meatballs when I make other meatballs and freeze them to make meals like this a little easier!)
2 cups fresh or frozen spinach

Cook till everything is warmed through and spinach is cooked down - maybe 20-30 minutes.
Serve hot with fresh bread!


This post is part of Pennywise Platter at Nourishing Gourmet

1 comment:

  1. I love Italian Wedding soup and this makes it look so easy! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete